Our kiddos!

Our kiddos!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eli and the lessons I learn through his eyes...

Tonight, as I was having a small pity party for myself amidst our "challenges", (and the delivery of additional frustrating news) I noticed Eli was getting into some things in the family room I didn't want him playing in. I walked over, picked him up, and held him. He immediately melted down. He is eighteen months old and really wants to do exactly what he wants to do. What he saw as an opportunity to "climb" up on by the fireplace seemed to me, being the adult, as a dangerous thing to do and something that I knew he would get hurt doing. In his world, he didn't know better and threw a nice fit because I stopped him. As I sat down on the couch, trying to juggle him so he didn't fall out of my arms, I realized I was being like Eli. God has our family where He wants us and He has adjusted things lately or allowed certain things to happen according to His plan. According to my perspective, they seem terribly frustrating and nonsensical. God sees different. He knows differently. I just need to remember that when He picks me up and moves me that it's for my own good, even if all I want to do is "melt down". If you see me and I'm having a bad day- feel free to remind me of this. Blogging helps hold me accountable :).

Jeremiah 29:11    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment