Our kiddos!

Our kiddos!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

While I'm Waiting

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I've been too frustrated, honestly. We are blessed and I know that. Our home situation, although far from resolved, has been very blessed and I know God has it in His hands. Our journey to bring Jesiah home has blessed and I know it is continuing to be. We've just been waiting so long for our LOA (letter of acceptance/approval) from China. We have far surpassed "normal" wait times. I stopped counting after day 120 so I'm not sure where we are :). China had given us, three weeks ago, the answer that it would be in the "review" department another one to three weeks. I only loosely expected to get something in the time frame quoted.  I hate to be a downer but I have struggled lately. I know God's timing is perfect and there's something brewing. I just don't know what yet. If anything has been taught to me over the past two years, it is God's perfect timing IS just that.. perfect. If I can't rest in that then I have a long, worrisome life ahead of me. God's teaching me patience so if you could pray that I learn that lesson quickly and we can move on, that'd be great :). (Just joking... but prayers would be fantastic!)

If you would, please pray for Jesiah. More than anything, we just yearn to have him home. Please pray for his physical well being and safely, his foster family and foster brothers and sisters, his upcoming transition back to the orphanage before we arrive, his transition into our family and our preparation here as well. It's hard to have a family of five with one child that is so far away.

I read a devotional the other day from Proverbs 31 Ministries and it discussed the story of Abraham and his son Isaac. He was asked by God to make the sacrifice of his only son Isaac on an alter. As he climbed the mountain and made preparations, I believe he did so in obedience but maybe not in joy (in my opinion). I have to believe his heart was troubled, yet he chose to follow those things that God asked him to do, regardless of the cost. At that same time, God was sending a ram up the mountain, out of sight of Abraham and Isaac. God was providing even when they didn't see it. So, today and in the future, I'm going to remember that as I trust the Lord and obey His call, He will send a ram. How? I don't know. I suppose that's not up to me to decide. God knows better.

Thank you for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment