Our kiddos!

Our kiddos!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

What a fantastic day!!

I know I say this often.. but I suppose it really can't be said enough. God is so good and I'm just speechless at the blessings He pours out upon us. Today we had our biscuits and gravy fundraiser. We tried not to get disheartened as we knew there were MANY other things going on today (it's May- it's crazy time! :) so we had no idea the turnout that we would have. We had over one hundred people- amazing support- come out. God meant business when He reassured me that He would bring our son home to us! :) Today, I had the opportunity to meet Laura and Renee Kreglo- two people that I have a feeling will be in our family's life for years and years to come. Laura was adopted from China when she was seven months old and is now fourteen. Though a series of "God events" (I don't believe in coincidences), I was introduced to them through facebook and then for the first time, today. Laura is beautiful, inside and out. Renee has been so inspiring in the short time I've known here and for that, I'm so thankful! It's so amazing to have people that understand the journey you are on and are willing to cheer you to the end!

Monday we will submit our updated homestudy, I-800 (more immigration stuff on Bao specifically), and our silly supplement three that USCIS decided to make us fill out (it helps change our age range since we originally weren't approved past 1.5 years.) Prayers that all goes well!! As the days go by, my heart longs more and more to bring Bao home. I know we have quite awhile still to go. I know he is in God's hands, but not having the ability to know what he is doing day in and day out is hard. 


At 2:30 AM Mother's Day, our friends the Padgett's will meet their daughter Joelle in China. I'm bursting at the seams to hear details!!! It's so exciting to see other parents journeys finally come to fruition and be so close! David and Kathy, friends of ours from the KC area will meet their son Monday. I'm so thankful these two children will meet their forever families shortly!!


We'd appreciate your continued prayers as we wait on Pre-approval from China and wait for our immigration approvals to be processed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment